Sign Fabrication Services
Our team of fabricators use their expertise and craftsmanship to guarantee that every sign is built to the highest level of quality. The fabrication team is comprised of five specialized departments including Architectural Metal, CNC Modeling, Electrical, Graphics and Product Finishing. Our 50,000 square foot facility has the most recent innovations in computerization and manually operated fabrication equipment. With our knowledge, creativity and state of the art technology, we bring your vision to life.
At Poyant, our highly experienced team of signage professionals create truly memorable signs and powerful branding. Our featured partners include Dunkin’, CVS pharmacy, Irving, Reebok, Converse, Mathworks, and Target, but we’ve worked with hundreds of businesses of all types to design, build, and implement signs that feature lasting appeal.
Our team of professional artisans use a combination of advanced automated and manual equipment to bring logos, designs, and brands into the forefront with creative, functional, and durable signage. Our sign fabrication team is comprised of five primary departments, each highly specialized in their function to ensure that every sign we develop has been optimized from all possible angles.
Sign Fabrication Capabilities at Poyant
We highly value customer convenience, which is why we strive to be a one-stop vendor for all of your signage needs. Poyant’s comprehensive service portfolio includes sign design, fabrication, installation, and maintenance, ensuring our customers never have to search for multiple vendors to bring a brand to life.
The five departments of our fabrication team work hard to turn the creativity of our designers into an eye-catching, attention-grabbing sign. The complementary abilities of these five fabrication departments enable us to create any type of signage, no matter the size or complexity.
- Poyant’s Graphics Department collaborates with the customer and the rest of our team to make sure you put your best foot forward with graphics that bring you the attention you deserve.
- Our Architectural Metal Department will ensure that your sign integrates seamlessly with whatever building or surface on which the sign is implemented.
- The CNC Modeling Department provides precise instructions to computer numerical control (CNC) machines equipped with specialized tooling. This automation improves the accuracy and flexibility of the sign fabrication process. These machines have very low tolerances, ensuring a finished product that matches the approved design exactly.
- The Electrical Department works hard to make sure every electrical aspect of the design works flawlessly in all custom storefront signs.
- Our Product Finishing team puts the final touches on every sign and runs functionality and quality checks to make sure the sign meets or exceeds customer expectations.
In addition to our actual sign manufacturing capabilities, we also offer these services:
- Commercial Sign Design. Should your sign complement the surroundings to create an integrated, familiar environment, or should it contrast them to spark interest? Which fonts look the most professional or inviting, and what styles are the most attractive? These are important questions that can be difficult to answer, which is why our veteran branding and design experts are continually trained and up-to-speed on the best and most effective practices in the industry to help you develop custom storefront signs you’ll love.
- Sign Installation Services. We offer fully licensed, insured, OSHA-certified installation technicians that can handle any installation type or challenge.
- Sign Repair and Maintenance. When your sign isn’t properly maintained, it presents an unprofessional or lackluster image. Our licensed technicians are trained to conduct basic maintenance, custom maintenance tasks, and repairs of any complexity.
Types of Commercial Signs
Commercial signage provides a first impression for customers at most businesses, and low-quality signage may present a negative image. We offer a comprehensive and colorful array of commercial signage capabilities and custom storefront signs that present a professional and positive brand to your customers.
Some of the commercial signage types we commonly produce include:
- Pylon signs
- Monument signs
- Post and panel signs
- Projecting signs
- Channel letter signs
- Dimensional letter signs
- Building signs
- ATM surrounds
- Awnings and banners
- Electronic message centers
Good signage should be creative and set your business apart. Our skillful designers will work with you to help you select the best signage for your industry and building type.
More Sign Building Services from Poyant
We are committed to providing a quality of service above and beyond what our customers might find at other sign fabrication companies. We offer the following value-added services to make signage installation easier for our clients:
Many cities and jurisdictions have stringent codes on what types of signs are legal. This can include restrictions on height, appearance, color, and other common aspects of signs. As such, exterior signs may require a permit from the local municipality. This process can sometimes be frustrating, but our expert team is well-versed in local laws and zoning requirements so we can take care of any permitting requirements for you in advance of installation. We can help you get a variety of permit types, such as electrical, zoning, construction, or sign permits.
Site Needs Assessment
We perform a site needs assessment before installation. This helps us to evaluate your specific situation to eliminate costly changes in your signage plan and avoid any unforeseen installation problems that could set the project back.
There are a lot of industry-specific terms and words that a first-time customer will want to become acquainted with. We provide a helpful glossary of all these terms to make sure everyone is on the same page.
Lit and Unlit Storefront Signs
For businesses that are open after dark, such as retail stores or restaurants, having a lighted sign is essential. For businesses away from street view where foot traffic is not as important to business, like industrial buildings and warehouses, investing additional money in light-up commercial building signs may not be worth it. Access to electrical power is also an important consideration, though there are ways to place lighted signs in areas with less accessible power when necessary. Our team will work with the specific needs of your business and your budget to provide outdoor business signs tailored specifically to the needs of your operation.
Sign Building Materials
Commercial signage can be fabricated from a wide variety of materials depending on specific application needs. Here are some of the most popular materials:
- Acrylic. This classification of plastic is characterized by its hardness and clarity. It also has excellent resistance to weather and sunlight, making acrylic a good option for outdoor signs.
- Aluminum. This metal is very lightweight and durable. It features high corrosion resistance and great thermal conductivity, contributing to the longevity of the sign. Aluminum is often a material of choice for road signs.
- Lexan®. These signs are hardy, featuring robust weather and impact resistance. Many storefronts utilize this versatile and highly customizable polycarbonate material to create long-lasting signs.
- Masonite. Masonite is a form of composite wood panel that doesn’t use a formaldehyde resin like many other wood composites. It possesses a high bending strength and blends well with many different styles of interior design.
- Polycarbonate. Thermosetting resins such as polycarbonate have high UV resistance and excellent machinability, making them another great choice for outdoor signage. Their flexibility and high level of customizability make them a potential fit anywhere.
- Polyurethane. As hard as wood, polyurethane is a thermoset plastic that can be carved or sandblasted. Despite its strength, polyurethane signs are only about 1/3 the weight of comparable wood signs.
- Polyvinyl chloride. This material is versatile in form and resistant to both chemicals and weather damage and is available in a broad range of colors.
- Sign-foam®. Polymer foam cells produces a remarkably lightweight and sturdy sign. It’s designed to hold up in extreme conditions and severe weather.
- Zinc. Zinc is a very malleable metal that has a unique, eye-catching appearance. It is extremely resistant to corrosion and has many interior and exterior applications. Zinc is sure to match with modern architecture and rustic interiors alike, making for stunning outdoor lighted business signs.
Contact Poyant for a Free Consultation
In the increasingly visual and impatient world we live in, thousands of factors are constantly competing for the attention of your customers. We design, build, and install signs that help you get noticed. If you would like to attract customers and project a professional appearance, contact us today for more information about our capabilities.